Tuesday 8 February 2011

Thumbs Up | Thumbs Down

I'm a list-maker and always have been. There's nothing quite like the satisfaction of being able to TICK - a task accomplished! Fellow list-makers (of whom I know there to be many) will appreciate this. I think, when also teamed with my love of stationery, these lists of mine can get a bit out of control. Do I really need another new notepad? Do I really really need a new pen, even if it is purple?... But then I'd be able to start a whole new list in a new pad with a new pen!

With that in mind, I've decided to blog a new kind of list - I welcome you to what I hope to be a regular set of lists of a few of my favourite and less-favourite things.

Thumbs Up List
- London. Heading from one capital city to another is always fun, especially when there's friends and new sights to greet you at the other end. I have never (ever) had a bad experience in London and I can't wait for my upcoming trip at the start of March.

- Muji. We don't have one in Edinburgh. When I was a teenager I remember regularly visiting one in Manchester, but I've heard rumours it might now be gone...? Yet another reason to visit London! If you buy but one item from Muji, make it their 0.38 fine pens. They're only 99p!

- Fujifilm Instax. I know this is possibly the third time I've included this beauty in my blog in the past couple of weeks, but I'm still on a high from it arriving... sorry.

Thumbs Down
- The Postman. If I get one more red card through the door saying 'the package was too big for your letterbox', when in fact it WOULD HAVE FIT, I will, well... be annoyed!

- Winter. I love winter and I love snow, but even I've had enough of these cold, dark, windy days now. Spring hurry up please!

- Noisy neighbours. Please stop thumping!! Surely you can walk around without doing an impression of an elephant on a trampoline?

On an amusing note to finish up: Two images came to mind when I starting thinking about Thumbs Up | Thumbs Down... It was a scorching hot September day in 2008. Mr O and I were on our way up the east coast of Australia, a few towns south of Cairns and our trusty Greyhound bus pulled over to allow us travellers a quick bathroom break. We couldn't help resist taking quick pics of the shop-keeper's special way to let us know which gender should use which door...

Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down (and yes, that is my tan...or lack of)

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment