Sunday 23 January 2011

The end of the night...

My new portfolio arrived this week, hurray! I'm thrilled with how it looks, especially when looking through the pages at full size (my wee Mac can't quite view it at 100%!!) at all the details and the photos I've chosen to put in it.

For the first time, I've also included a double-page spread with engagement shots as more and more I'm discovering those sessions as not only being incredibly good fun, but also an excellent way to get to know a couple better. So I thought it would be nice to have a few pictures available to show at meetings and the like.

Having shown the portfolio to a few people the past few days, I've been amazed how many have pointed out the final picture to be one they really like, which is the night-time view across Edinburgh through a window high up in Edinburgh Castle...


At the time I think I was trying to capture the glow of the day, the candle-light and of course that amazing sight from such a privileged position - after hours access to some of the best views in Edinburgh, from its most famous landmark.

Looking back now, I notice things I didn't see at the time, like a single light still on in the building opposite or the window wedged open slightly to allow a little fresh air to seep into the warm room. What I also realise is this is one of the final shots I took of the wedding, rounding off a fantastic day. Behind me as I took it, there was ceilidh dancing in full swing. A few people were sat chatting at tables, bottles of Grolsch or a glass of champagne in hand. There was an atmosphere of celebration and merriment.

I like that this picture conjures up a lot of happy memories in my head, the end of the night after a lovely wedding day :)

Jen x

P.S. If you'd like to become a follower, please do! Just click the 'Follow' button to your right :)

www.jenowensimages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment