Saturday 1 January 2011

Farewell 2010, hello 2011!

First off, sorry for the silence. The past month has been one of those blink-and-it's-gone ones whereby I woke up this morning (following a very relaxing, yet ill-spent Hogmanay) realising it was not just January, but 2011! Where did December go?! And while we're at it, where did November go as well?! While my updates have been quiet, it's been quite the opposite at Jen Owens Images towers where I've been busy-ing away behind the scenes trying to get my head around all this business and paperwork stuff.

When I set out on my wedding photography quest I had an inkling that I would find my calling... all these taking photos for years and years, drumming up experience, spending time with professionals, watching them act out their trade, learning, learning, learning, thrown in with my (let's face it) pure love of all things wedding-related... when my first wedding came round in 2010 I just knew it was going to be the best day ever. And it was.

Looking back over the past 6 months or so at all the preparations, subsequent editing and general wedding photography wonderfulness I could not have imagined in my wildest dreams just how amazing it all turned out to be. Being part of these weddings, being welcomed in as part of the team and having the most intimate view of the most special day in a couple's life is quite an overwhelming experience.

The response I've received has been simply amazing and I'd like to thank with HUGE MASSIVE BLOG THANKS all those people who have helped me this year, from advice, to feedback and beyond. The support I've had from my family and friends while I stressed over the smallest worries has been incredible. Mr O has witnessed me head off to the day job Monday to Friday, fill any spare evening and weekend with wedding photography related activities and still kept me fed and watered (read: wined) and done the cleaning while I've felt ready to drop! Best. Husband. Ever. Thank you xx

Here's to 2011! Words can't describe how excited I am! Looking at my diary for the next 12 months, none of these wonderful days I have ahead of me would have happened if it weren't for the fantanstic weddings that took place in 2010. Happy New Year to my brides and grooms and thank you for letting me be part of your special days.

Jen x

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year - again! So pleased to hear you're enjoying your weddings and looking forward to 2011. xx

    ReplyDelete